This quick salad of warm beetroot, creamy goat’s cheese and fine textured lentils makes a substantial vegetarian lunch.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 500g cooked beetroot , drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp honey and mustard vinaigrette
- 55g rocket, washed and stems removed
- 55g watercress, washed and stems removed
- 100g goat’s cheese
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees celcius, gas mark 6. Cut each beetroot into 4 wedges. Place in a large roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar, and season. Roast for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes, until the beetroot wedges are warmed through.
- Tip the lentils into a bowl, add the warm beetroot then spoon over the vinaigrette dressing. Mix well.
- Divide the rocket and watercress between 4 plates and arrange the lentils and beetroot on top. Crumble the cheese over and serve immediately.
Cook’s tip Wearing disposable vinyl gloves when preparing the beetroot will prevent your hands from staining red.
Energy 317 ckal
Saturated fat 5.5g