The midsection is considered the part of the body that is most vulnerable to weight gain. Eat more than you should for a meal, and you’ll instantly see the size of your stomach expand. And, if you are not careful with your food intake, have bad posture, and don’t get enough exercise, fat will settle around this area and you’ll see your stomach get bigger and bigger. Surely, that’s not something you want to happen, especially if you care a lot about your appearance, because a fat midsection can easily ruin the look of even the finest clothes. It’s important to mention as well that you increase your risk of developing heart complications as you get older.
If you want to know how to reduce stomach fat effectively, both for beauty and for health, here are five of the most effective strategies for achieving a flat tummy.
- Proper breathing. Not too many people know that breathing deeply, and doing so in a slower, more relaxed rhythm, make the stomach muscles contract correctly, which can create a fat-burning action.
- Kettlebell swings. This is quite popular among Hollywood celebrities who are fully committed to maintaining a rock-hard body. A kettlebell swing is an exercise that combines strength training and body sculpting; the right movements (such as rocking back slightly and “hiking” the kettlebell between your legs, then squeezing your glutes, thrusting your hips forward, and then swinging) will work out different sections of your stomach as well as your back, and flab will turn into lean muscles.
- These remain to be some of the most effective exercises to perform in creating a really flat stomach, and they can be executed a number of ways. Some can be done the traditional way (on the floor, lying down), but those done seated and standing up (tucks) are proving to be just as effective.
- Squat thrust. This is done by standing with your feet apart and slightly wider than shoulder-width, and then bending at your hips and knees, squatting down and lowering your body until you can place both your hands on the floor. Once you’ve settled into that position, kick your legs backward while holding that push-up position — and then immediately reverse the move and quickly stand up from the squat. To make the exercise even more effective in burning stomach fat, jump up from the squat instead of simply standing up right away — this move would now be called a burpee.
- Using the Power Plate® equipment while performing different ab-targeting exercises. This is perhaps the best solution because this premium vibration device can make any exercise more intense and effective; it stimulates the body’s natural response to vibration. These vibrations transmit waves of energy throughout the body, activating muscle contractions between 25 and 50 times per second — meaning that for a much shorter workout session, you can actually produce better results.