Vac packed chestnuts make a great festive addition to this easy tasty pie. Use your leftover veg to make sure nothing goes to waste!
PER SERVING (excluding accompaniments)
414 calories 2.2% fat
Serves 4 Prep time 10 mins Cook time 45 mins
- 400g veg (beans, carrots, sprouts, peas)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsps vegetable gravy granules
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 200g cooked chestnuts
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a non-stick pan. Dry-fry the vegetables, mixing well.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the milk and sprinkle over the gravy granules. Mix well, cooking over a low heat for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and chestnuts and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to thicken, then transfer to an overproof dish.
- Cover with layers of filo pastry, spraying lightly with oil spray in between each layer. Season well with black pepper and place in a preheated oven at 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Watch how to create this recipe at www.rosemaryconley.tv