Home-made pies make perfect comfort food for this time of year. This dish looks amazing and is easy as pie to make! Cut down on the fat and calories by using filo pastry instead of high-fat shortcrust or puff pastry.
Serves 4 Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 40 mins
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 600ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1,5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 200g sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F or Gas Mark 6.
- Heat a large, non-stick saucepan, then dry-fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add 500ml of the milk and heat. Mix the cornflour with the remaining milk and whisk in. As the sauce thickens, add mustard, chicken and mushrooms. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spray a filo pastry sheet with a little oil spray, place 2 tbsp of filling at one end and fold over to make a triangle shape. Repeat with the remaining sheets.
- Place the 4 filled pastry triangles on a non-stick baking tray, spray lightly with oil spray and oven bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Serve with mixed salad.
Watch http://www.rosemaryconley.tv/Recipes/Main-Courses/vx/2712_1047614/Chicken-and-Mushroom-Pick-Up-Pies.aspx to see how easy it is to make this lovely dish!